Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Men Who Left a Mark: My God's Best, Jeremy Sauza Cruz

okay, this i hope would not sound like the mutual admiration society. :D

when I started a series of blogs entitled The Men Who Left a Mark, it did not really cross my mind that i would include him on the list thinking that you might be getting tired of me always blogging about him and us. but just recently, this week until today, sudden realizations hit me about me and him. what happened? well, i just stopped being so touchy. not towards him i mean. towards other guys, my guy friends for that matter. i suddenly stopped. and it's not because he told me to. it's because he stopped asking me to stop being touchy. for months now, it wasnt until only at that moment that i really realized that me changing that aspect of me should not be because he is pressuring me to do so, but because i dont want to cause him any heartache.

why did he left a mark in my life? aside from the fact that he loves me so much? here are the reasons why.

*He challenged me to be a better Christian.
When I got the chance to talk to him back then, I noticed how he speaks about God and being a Christian. Those times i would get to talk to him and hear his views about things, I told myself, "God, why is he like that? it seems like he knows so much about you that i dont." That got me reading my Bible more, and it got me spending more time with God.


*He was the reason I took photography seriously.
When we had a photoshoot in Intramuros, I noticed how passionate he is about his craft. Back then, i wasnt taking photography seriously. I just love the feeling of being able to take photos of events, to capture the beauty of things even in the most mundane settings and being able to capture the expressions of people. It seemed like just a hobby. But after that day, i desired to be a better photographer. months after, i decided to really pursue photography and be an apprentice under one of the best photographers in the country so that when people ask him what i do for a living, he would tell them, "well, my girlfriend/wife is a photographer. and a good one at that!"

*He prayed for me in one of the tests that I had put upon myself.
I was dating a nonbeliever at that time and I know that God is telling the both of us to cut it off. Not knowing who to talk to aside from my VG leader, and wanting a guy's perspective of it, I sent him an SMS. I asked for his advice. That's it. but the next day, he sent me an SMS telling me he prayed for me, about me and the situation. i did not ask for it but he did.

*He did not make me wait and look towards the door for a sign if he is coming or not.
You see, I crave for support. Whenever I had contests in school back then, from quiz bees to pageants to debates to dance concerts, I would always want my guy to be there to support me. The guy need not show up with flowers, banners or shout his heart out. All i needed was the mere presence. But sadly, back then, none would show up. None of my boyfriends back then would. I found myself not being able to focus on the contest and would occasionally glance at the door (understatement! i would, minute by minute or second by second), hoping that they would come. But Jeremy did. Fresh from his work shift the previous night, he went to my Training for Victory Recognition day despite lacking sleep. Here is what he texted me that morning when I told him it's okay if he cant make it since he needs to sleep. "Babe, you will not keep looking at the door, wondering if i will arrive coz I will. I will support you there and be there as much as I can on every endeavor of your life." This text almost made me cry. had i not been on the bus, i would have cried. Never once did i see any guy enter the door when i was expecting them to. And there he was, sleepless yet looking handsome in a black long sleeve polo and black slacks, waiting for me outside the main hall of Victory.

baby, you may not know the impact you make in other people's lives because some of them dont get the chance to tell you but i'll tell you this, if you made an impact in my life back then when i wasnt your girl yet, when i did not know that YOU are my God's Best yet, then im sure you have made an impact on the lives of those you spent more time with. i love you so much, i hope you know that. much more than life itself. because you loved me for the real me, despite and inspite of. you believed in my dreams even if they mean i would have to be spending less time with you. you supported me in every way. thank you for everything baby. :D i love you so much! oops i said that again.

"I'd go anywhere for you
Anywhere you asked me to
I'd do anything for you
Anything you want me to
Your love as far as I can see
Is all I'm ever gonna need
There's one thing for sure
I know it's true
Baby, I'd go anywhere for you" 


No comments:

Post a Comment