Monday, May 23, 2011

written for my goliath

today will be the last day you will ever cross my mind
because today, the answers i will finally find...
the why's and how's of you leaving me behind
they're all going to be forgotten as i say my goodbye.

it doesnt matter if you talk to me ever again
nor will it matter if you ever let me know you're in pain...
all that matters to me now is my future with him
because he now holds my present, my future and my heart.

when you left without saying why or even goodbye
all i can do is watch our memories pass me by
of that night you last brought me home,
the same night i last saw your face.

or that day you called just to sing me that song
and of that night we stayed talking in the rain...
as we watched the world fall right in front of our eyes
i took a glimpse at you and saw a distant look in your eyes.

it could be about her, the girl you never mentioned.
the one whose name has been made into a song
the one whose hands still hold your heart
and the one whose memories will never be replaced in your life.

as I go on my life and my future with my love
i just want to let you know that i will forever be thankful
that when you crossed my path, you made me learn a lot
you made me see that i should be loved and im worth more than that...

i dont need the answers, i can go on without them
life's been better because God healed my heart
when He removed you from my life, He has the best in mind
and that's what I got when you left me without goodbye.

-gillian hero g. angeles

(i've moved on a long time ago... but there were still questions that needed to be answered. or so i thought. i dont need them anymore. they are part of my past with him and my present has no space for him and for them. i'm letting go of all the questions in my head because my Jeremy is worth more than all the answers i needed to get and he deserves nothing but the best of me...)

for you, my "goliath", the man literally after God's own heart (by name), may God bless you with all your hearts desires. may you finally have the one meant to be yours. the one you will not leave behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment