Saturday, May 7, 2011

who says God does not answer?

ever wonder if God hears your prayers? ever said to yourself, "nah, He wont listen." let me tell you this. HE DOES. He answers every prayer, every little request that we utter, and every petition that we shove His way. how do I know? well, this girl who's writing this blog made have been blessed with a lot of answered prayers. :D

January 2010, i was earnestly praying for God to give me my God's best already. for those who do not know what God's best means, that means God's perfect choice for me as a partner, the one He has created to be mine to be my husband, my soulmate and my true love. All year round I would add little details to the list of what I want in a husband. Little details in prayers such as "God, I dont want to commute alone anymore. Can you please give me the one person I will enjoy taking the bus with on the way home." or "God, can you please make my God's best love watching movies so that I can enjoy movie dates with him?" December 2010, before the year ended, God has given me my God's best and he is everything that I asked from God. As in EVERYTHING.

Jeremy, my God's best, would always tell me that I'm so favored by God because He showers me with so much blessing and favors. When I was putting up my bar last January, I had limited budget and it looked like the bar wouldnt open on the target date, more so, would it open at all. The chances were so slim because of the budget but when I asked God to send me some help, oh boy! the help came in multitudes! The bar floor was painted by yours truly with the help of my God's best after work hours. mind you, even though we were both tired from work, we still had the strength to paint the floors and the tables. The sound system needed to be fixed and one service supplier priced the job at 5 thousand pesos plus all the system add-ons like new microphones, new speakers, and new cables. Not wanting to spend so much on this but wanting to have the best sound possible, we looked for someone who can do it for a much cheaper cost. And yes, God showed us someone who will do it for only a "love gift". A love gift is something that we can give to the person, monetary or not, that wouldnt cost much. He did all the work without complain even though he knows that we wont be paying him for his labor. As for the lights, it was my college buddy Googie who did the job. And yes, he wasnt paid as well. For the opening night, the band we got to play is a group of musicians who are our friends and yes, they brought their own 12-channel mixer just in case we need it. Talk about favors from God right?

Valentines day this year, I was already losing hope that I would be able to watch the Valentines day concert of my favorite worship leaders from Church because my baby and I were having difficulties with our finances and payday is still a day away. Guess what, when he arrived at the bar, he said, "Tara! We're going to be late sa concert nila Kuya Jam." I was shocked and speechless because I know he couldnt have bought the ticket because of financial constraints. But there he was, pulling me up from my seat and making me hurry because we are going to miss the concert I've been wanting to watch. When I asked him where he got the money, he told me, "Lakas mo sa Tatay mo sa taas eh. While I was on the way home from work, I was telling Him, "God, daughter mo naman yun diba? sige na please give me provisions so she can watch the concert. Nabibreak yung heart ko na hindi ko mabigay sa kanya yung gusto niya eh. Please." Lo and behold, God used his mom to bless him with "date money".

All year round, whenever I would lack money or provisions, He would always send me blessings so that I wouldnt lack a good thing. When I was losing faith that I will be able to finish my Training for Victory course because I have not yet paid the fee, God sent me the payment for that plus payment for the food for the graduation day plus extra money to spend until the graduation day.

But the greatest prayer He will answer is yet to come. What's that? Rather, which are these? because I have two major prayer requests from God that I know in His perfect time, they will be answered. One is for the floodgates of heaven to open so that finally, Jeremy and I can get married. And another is for a relationship that affects my life to be restored.

Why am I so faithful that He answers? Here's why.

Matthew 7:7-8 says,
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."

Ask and it will be given. His words never change. His promises never fail. You may tell me, "But Yani, I'm not walking in God's will. Nor I am as "religious" as you. I'm sure He wouldnt answer me." That's not true. You are as valuable to Him as I am. And he delights in blessing you with the desires of Your heart. You just have to keep faith that the blessings you receive from heaven is not dependent on your circumstances but it is dependent on God, a God who never change.


Is there any prayer request you have but you dont know how to start asking Him for it? Just talk to Him like you would talk to someone you love. :D let me know if there's something we can pray for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment